Michiganders use all sorts of recreational vehicles to explore and enjoy our great state.

Don’t risk your adventures on the trails by not having appropriate insurance.

The following are answers to frequently asked question about insuring recreational vehicles:

What type of recreational vehicles can be insured?

The likelihood is any recreational vehicle you want to use to hit the trails can be insured, including:

  • All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
  • Utility vehicles (UTL/UTV, side by sides)
  • Four wheelers
  • Quads
  • Dune buggies
  • Golf carts
  • Off road motorcycles
  • Dirt bikes
  • Snowmobiles

What types of coverage are available?

  • Liability: Coverage in the event you are responsible for injuries or damage to property
  • Medical Payments: Covers medical expenses if an operator or passenger is injured
  • Comprehensive: Covers out of the ordinary damages such as fire, theft, and vandalism
  • Collision: Covers damages caused by colliding with other vehicles or objects
  • Safety Apparel: Covers riding gear including helmets and goggles
  • Optional Equipment: Covers non-manufacturer parts & accessories
  • Transport Trailer: Covers the trailer you use to haul your recreational vehicle

Is coverage available year-round?

Yes – whenever you have a nice day you can hit the trails without worrying about whether you’re covered while also enjoying competitive rates based on limited riding seasons.

What type of savings are available?

Previous insurance? Discount
Taken a safety course? Discount
Stored in a locked garage? Discount
Multiple recreational vehicles? Discount

Click here to get a quote.

Additional resources for Off-Road Vehicle Operators:

ATV Safety Information Center
Handbook of Michigan Off-Road Vehicle Laws
Where Can I Ride?