With technological advances an increasing number of people are working and conducting business from their home. Many of these people don’t have proper insurance protection because of a common misconception:

They mistakenly think since their homeowners policy insures their home it will cover the business inside their home.

Don’t make the mistake of assuming your home, condo, or renters insurance policy automatically provides coverage for your home based business.

The good news is if your business doesn’t bring visitors to your home and you only have a modest amount of equipment and supplies you may be able to simply add coverage to your home insurance policy.

A home based business with heavier foot traffic, such as piano lessons or private yoga sessions, faces increased risks for being sued by a client or individual visiting the business. In those types of instances a business owner’s policy (BOP) may be needed.

If you have any type of home based business you should speak to your insurance agent to make certain you have adequate insurance protection. A good agent will ask questions to determine your coverage needs, understand the scope of your business operations, and recommend suitable insurance protection.

Did you know?
You can conveniently request a quote online for your home and home-based business.

Click here to get a quote.